Baptism, Baptize, Basics, Family, Hebrews, Hebrews 6, Hebrews 6:2, Jesus, Judge, Judgement, Resurrection, Salvation, Truth
There are basics in being a disciple of Jesus. Are the following in place in my life?
- Do I trust in God for everything and reject “self-help”?
- Have I been properly baptized?
- Have the leaders of the church layed hands on me and have I received the Holy Spirit?
- Do I believe in the resurrection of the dead?
- Do I live like there is an eternal judgement?
I can’t go on to maturity without having mastered the basics. If I haven’t mastered “Jesus 101”, I can’t take the advanced courses. God doesn’t work that way.
The basic foundational truths are in place: turning your back on “salvation by self-help” and turning in trust toward God; baptismal instructions; laying on of hands; resurrection of the dead; eternal judgment.”
(Hebrews 6:2 The Message)
BE ENCOURAGED GOD WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU | VINE AND BRANCH WORLD MINISTRIES.COM said:
[…] Have I mastered the basics as a disciple of Jesus? Am I ready to move on? (mww1954.wordpress.com) […]