Jesus is all about getting us ready for what is coming. Jesus doesn’t leave me in the dark. Jesus is very clear with me.
- Why is this important? “I’ve told you these things to prepare you for rough times ahead.” Jesus wants us to be prepared. He has told me in advance. My job is to get ready.
- What will the churches think? “They are going to throw you out of the meeting places.” Jesus warns me that my church may kick me out. The message of Jesus is good news but not all religious leaders welcome it.
- Is my life at stake? “There will even come a time when anyone who kills you will think he’s doing God a favor.”
- Surely they understand? “They will do these things because they never really understood the Father.” No, they don’t understand Jesus. I can’t assume they do. I must be clear what Jesus wants. It may get rejected.
- What should I do? “I’ve told you these things so that when the time comes and they start in on you, you’ll be well-warned and ready for them.” Jesus challenges me to get ready. I can’t plead ignorance.
Source: John 16:1-4