I know I do it all the time. I look at the facts. Hard to ignore them in my world.
- God’s way is to believe Him and ignore the facts. That is trust. In God’s country (aka the Kingdom of God), Jesus is in charge.
- Cancer? No problem. No cancer in Heaven. He wants His way on earth like Heaven.
- Bank account empty? No problem. He is rich beyond imagination. I am to build up wealth in heaven, not here on earth.
- Facts or faith? Statistics or trust? It is all about trust and faith. God is in a good mood and I must believe that every day.
- God has a goal and plan for me. It is all about trust in Jesus the Messiah.
I should be smart and trust Him. That is all there is to it. May I do what He wants and not miss His goal.
Then David prayed, “I have missed God’s plan badly in what I have just done, substituting statistics for trust; forgive my missing your goal—I’ve been really stupid.”
Source: 1 Chronicles 21:8