John nails it, as always. John knows it is all about love. How many times does he remind me? Constantly.
How do I make faith visible? By loving the followers of Jesus, even if I don’t know them. How am I doing on the kindness-meter? Perhaps I should do a daily assessment and track progress.
I need to find some followers of Jesus who need a meal and a place to stay. I need to be on the look out for how I can grow in hospitality. I need to hold myself accountable. Here is a quick list of ideas:
- How can I support missionaries?
- Can I provide a place for missionaries to stay when are on R & R back home?
- What about the student learning to preach the message of Jesus?
- Can I pay for room and board for a student or put them up in my house?
- Can I pay for the travel of a minister to special conference?
- Can I provide a place for a minister to stay when they travel to my home town for a conference?
Dear friend, when you extend hospitality to Christian brothers and sisters, even when they are strangers, you make the faith visible. They’ve made a full report back to the church here, a message about your love. It’s good work you’re doing, helping these travelers on their way, hospitality worthy of God himself! They set out under the banner of the Name, and get no help from unbelievers. So they deserve any support we can give them. In providing meals and a bed, we become their companions in spreading the Truth.
Source: 3 John 1:5-8