1 Timothy 5, 2 Corinthians 1, Christian Persecution, Ezra 10, Good News, Heal, Israel, Jeremiah 14, Job 5, Matthew 12, Miracle, Peace, Persecution, Praise, Psalm 119, Psalm 25, Psalm 42, Psalm 9, Sick, Teachings
I need to find more hope. God is good and in a good mood. Justice, while lacking here some days, will be done. Beyond faith, I need hope.
It is right for me to hope. Hope is the total grounding of my confidence and expectation in God’s goodness and providential care even in the face of trouble.
The mere sound of the name of Jesus causes me to remember to hope. I need to focus, with confidence, that what Jesus has promised will happen. Jesus is faithful. Justice will triumph!
Before you know it, his justice will triumph;
the mere sound of his name will signal hope, even
among far-off unbelievers. | Matthew 12:21
Hope can be placed in God in the face of difficulty or trial. Things get tough. We are persecuted. We are poor. We need healing. We have trials. Life can get difficult.
There is good news. We have hope. God is doing a good thing. God is good. I must not despair.
- Psalm 42:5 (NASB) — Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him For the help of His presence.
- 2 Corinthians 1:10 (NASB) — Who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,
- Ezra 10:2 (NASB) — Shecaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, said to Ezra, “We have been unfaithful to our God and have married foreign women from the peoples of the land; yet now there is hope for Israel in spite of this.“
- Job 5:16 (NASB) — “So the helpless has hope, And unrighteousness must shut its mouth.”
- Job 13:15 (NASB) — “Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him.”
- Psalm 9:18 (NASB) — For the needy will not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the afflicted perish forever.
- Psalm 25:19–21 (NASB) — Look upon my enemies, for they are many, And they hate me with violent hatred. Guard my soul and deliver me; Do not let me be ashamed, for I take refuge in You. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for You.
- Psalm 119:116 (NASB) — Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
- Jeremiah 14:19 (NASB) — Have You completely rejected Judah? Or have You loathed Zion? Why have You stricken us so that we are beyond healing? We waited for peace, but nothing good came; And for a time of healing, but behold, terror!
- 1 Timothy 5:5 (NASB) — Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day.
Tim McGee said:
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
So hope is an essential grounding for a life of faith. Guess we all need more hope!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Μιχαήλ (Michael) said:
Thanks Michael…….I put my hope in God.
LikeLiked by 1 person