I need to see how much God cares. It is just who He is. I don’t need to look around. He is right here, right now.
Some questions for me to think about.
- Do I have it in my heart and soul that God is good and in a good mood?
- Do I know that God hears my prayers?
- Can I jump for joy?
- Can I shout?
- Can I sing my thanks to Jesus?
Blessed be God — he heard me praying. He proved he’s on my side;
I’ve thrown my lot in with him. Now I’m jumping for joy,
and shouting and singing my thanks to him. | Psalm 28:6-7 (The Message Bible)
Let’s consider what Jesus has to say in His Manifesto. God has good things in mind for me.
Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! | Matthew 7:9-11 (NASB)
What should my response to the goodness of God be? It seems that there are days I miss the ecstacy of knowing Jesus and His Heavenly Father. Where is the emotion of it all? Where is the stunning response to His glory?
I should consider:
- And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. Acts 13:52 (NASB)
- At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight. Luke 10:21 (NASB)
- And though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory. 1 Peter 1:8 (NASB)
- Yet many of the priests and Levites and heads of fathers’ households, the old men who had seen the first temple, wept with a loud voice when the foundation of this house was laid before their eyes, while many shouted aloud for joy. Ezra 3:12 (NASB)
- So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the house of the Lord. 1 Kings 8:11 (NASB)
- And the sons of Israel, the priests, the Levites and the rest of the exiles, celebrated the dedication of this house of God with joy. Ezra 6:16 (NASB)