God is God and God is great. God empowered his son Jesus. There are so many amazing and supernatural acts of Jesus, revealing and confirming his Messianic credentials, and the coming of God’s kingdom.
The miracles of the Messiah are to be seen as an integral part of his ministry, then and now. I am amazed at the power of Jesus in my life. It is beyond my comprehension some days.
Jesus performed every kind of miracle you can imagine, including raising the dead. Here are some examples of His authority over natural forces. Indeed, what kind of man is this? The answer, a man who is the Son of the living God! Jesus performed stunning miracles.
- Matthew 14:19–20 (NASB) — Ordering the people to sit down on the grass, He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up toward heaven, He blessed the food, and breaking the loaves He gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds, and they all ate and were satisfied. They picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, twelve full baskets.
- Matthew 14:25 (NASB) — And in the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea.
- Matthew 17:27 (NASB) — “However, so that we do not offend them, go to the sea and throw in a hook, and take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for you and Me.”
- Luke 5:4 (NASB) — When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch.” When they had done this, they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break.
- John 2:9 (NASB) — When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom.