What does Jesus want from me? Jesus wants me to listen. Jesus wants me to be a good and faithful servant. Jesus wants me to obey His commands.
My mission is to do what Master Jesus wants me to do, today and every day. Listening involves doing. Loving my neighbor involves action.
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” John 10:27 (NASB)
- After Jesus called the crowd to Him, He said to them, “Hear and understand.” Matthew 15:10 (NASB)
- “The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.” Luke 10:16 (NASB)
- She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. Luke 10:39 (NASB)
- “All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.” John 10:8 (NASB)
- “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.” John 10:16 (NASB)
Will I takes God’s goal seriously? God has a goal for me. It is a job I must take seriously.
And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” (He did not know what to say, they were so frightened.)
Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!” | Mark 9:1-7
- What does God want from me? Listen to His Son Jesus. It is a simple and straightforward challenge. God didn’t make it complicated for me. I can understand what God said as it is one sentence. Listen to Jesus!
- Why is this important? Jesus is God’s Son. God loves His Son and has put Him in charge. Jesus has lots to say but He summarized it for me. Love God and love everyone else I know and meet. I am a slave of my Master Jesus. Slaves listen and do what there Master says. Slaves obey commandments.
Some questions to think about around listening:
- Do I hear? Am I distracted and don’t actually hear Jesus?
- Do I understand and comprehend?
- Do I follow through and act on what I have heard?
- Do I come back for more? Do I dig deeper?