We seem a little reluctant to talk about the ecstatic experience. Is that for mystics and weirdo’s?
Maybe it’s not just for kooks.
- Doesn’t Jesus just rock my world?
- Am I out of my mind at what Jesus is doing?
- Am I crazy in love with Jesus?
- Am I stunned at His beauty and brilliance?
Ecstasy in response to Jesus the Messiah: The Greek word “ecstasy” (ἔκστασις, ekstasis) means “standing outside of” and refers to the experience of having the mind cut off from ordinary sense perceptions. These experiences are often referred to as mystical or ecstatic experiences. We read in Revelations about the Apostle John who had some stunning experiences. So did all the disciples. So can I.
Does Jesus amaze me? Am I stunned by His beauty and brilliance? Am I rejoicing greatly in the Holy Spirit? Here are some examples of “crazy love” experiences.
- Luke 10:21 — At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.
- 1 Peter 1:8 — And though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of the beauty of God (glory).
- Psalm 4:7 — You have put gladness in my heart, more than when their grain and new wine abound.
- Psalm 28:7 — The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.
- Matthew 28:8 — And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
Yes! Amen! Now that’s what I’m talking about. Good post. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on Praying for the millennials.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Μιχαήλ (Michael) | God is in a good mood! said:
Thanks! Be blessed.
Tim & Anni said:
Yeah! You know what gives me those ecstatic (godly) experiences? Each time God shows up when I approach people and they have any pain/sickness/need; and I can be used by God to relieve their need. A prepared work like the bible calls it 😀
In my blog I tell more about those experiences! 😀 Have a look and BE BLESSED my friend!