Is justice a quality displayed in Jesus the Messiah’s life? Absolutely. God is God. God has given Jesus, His Son, the sacred honor of ensuring justice. I may not see it today, but I will see it. May God have mercy on me, a sinner.
Jesus has been given the authority, from God, to administer justice. I cannot begin to understand God’s justice unless I first understand sin (missing God’s goal).
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
~Jesus| John 5:30
Jesus defends his actions and claims to be God’s son
- John 8:16 “But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me.
- John 4:34 Jesus *said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.
- John 6:38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
- John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.
- John 5:37 “And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”
What about Justice?
- “I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” | John 5:30
- Matthew 23:23 (NASB) — “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.”
- Matthew 12:18–21 (NASB) — “Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen; My Beloved in whom My soul is well-pleased; I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel, nor cry out; Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets. A battered reed He will not break off, And a smoldering wick He will not put out, until He leads justice to victory. And in His name the Gentiles will hope.”
- Sin is lawlessness (1 John 3:4) and iniquity (Daniel 9:4-5; Micah 2:1; James 3:6). It embodies everything contrary to God’s holy nature and is offensive to Him. Sin is a crime against God and justice demands a penalty (Romans 1:18-32; 2:5; 3:23).
- God sent His Son, Jesus the Messiah, to pay that penalty for me (Romans 5:8-11; 6:23) and made salvation available to all who believe in His name (John 1:12; 3:15-17; 20:31).
- Since righteousness is the quality or character of being right or just, it is another attribute of God and incorporates both His justice and holiness. I am stunned by the amazing justice of God and His son Jesus.
- Justice is a term used for what is right or “as it should be.” Justice is one of God’s attributes and flows out of His holiness. Justice and righteousness are often used synonymously in the Bible.
- I want to see justice. God promises it will happen. That is some very good news. God is a just God and will right all wrongs.