Jesus is God’s Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’”
God declared it to be true. God said “This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased”
Jesus declared it to be true.
Do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? | John 10:36
And again in Luke 22:70 Jesus makes it clear.
And they all said, “Are You the Son of God, then?” And He said to them, “Yes, I am.”
Jesus is not God’s Son in the sense of a human father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. God did not mate with Mary and, together with her, produce a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form (John 1:1, 14).
Jesus, the Messiah, is the Son of God. God says it and Jesus affirms it. As the Apostle John says “And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.”
I must confess that Jesus is the Son of God.
- John 10:36 — Do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
- Luke 22:70 — And they all said, “Are You the Son of God, then?” And He said to them, “Yes, I am.”
- John 19:7 — The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and by that law He ought to die because He made Himself out to be the Son of God.”
- Revelation 2:18 — “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this”
- Matthew 3:17 — And behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.”
- Matthew 17:5 — While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”
- 2 Peter 1:17 — For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, “This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased”