God is the author of healing. Now that is some stunning news.
That is the good news of the Kingdom of God. Jesus is King. Jesus is in control.
Jesus wants to heal me.
There is a lot to be said in the scripture about sickness and healing. Jesus heals. I know this to be true. That is some good news!
Approximately one fifth of the books of the Good News narrative is devoted to Jesus’ healing ministry.
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. (Matthew 4:23).
- When Jesus sent His twelve disciples out to preach the gospel, He gave them authority to heal the sick (Luke 9:1-2). After Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, the apostles continued healing many (Acts 5:12-16). Acts records a number of healings by Peter, John, and Paul (19:12; 28:8-9).
- There is a lot to be said in the scripture about sickness and healing. Jesus heals. I know this to be true. That is some good news!
- The spiritual gift of healing is the supernatural manifestation of the Spirit of God that miraculously brings healing and deliverance from disease and/or infirmity.
- It is the power of God that destroys the work of sin and/or the devil in the human body, such as the healings that Jesus and the disciples performed (Matthew 4:24; 15:30; Acts 5:15-16; 28:8-9).
- The gift of healing given to the church is primarily noted in 1 Corinthians 12, where the spiritual gifts are listed.