There is something I’ve noticed about followers of Jesus and His disciples. They are just plain happy folks. They are singing. They are shouting. Miracles follow in their wake.
They are praying for people. They have REALLY good news and share it.
They have a gladness of heart. They bring great joy to the brothers and sisters.
Many find it a drudgery to do what God wants. Not the brothers and sisters. They find joy in being slaves of Jesus.
Even more strange, they find joy and happiness in suffering and persecution. Now what is up that? Jesus must be the Truth. He said it would be true and it is.
- Acts 2:46–47 — Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Master was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
- Acts 15:1–3 — 1 Some men came down from Judea and began teaching the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” And when Paul and Barnabas had great dissension and debate with them, the brethren determined that Paul and Barnabas and some others of them should go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and elders concerning this issue. Therefore, being sent on their way by the church, they were passing through both Phoenicia and Samaria, describing in detail the conversion of the Gentiles, and were bringing great joy to all the brethren.
- Romans 15:31–32 — 31 that I may be rescued from those who are disobedient in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may prove acceptable to the saints; so that I may come to you in joy by the will of God and find refreshing rest in your company.
- 2 Corinthians 2:3 —This is the very thing I wrote you, so that when I came, I would not have sorrow from those who ought to make me rejoice; having confidence in you all that my joy would be the joy of you all.
- Philippians 2:17–18 —But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all. You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me.