We start with justice. God has chosen His Son Jesus to deliver justice to us all. This will not be “social justice”. It will God Justice. I will see it. You will see it. We all will stand before God.
Social justice generally refers to justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.
The Hebrew word here is Justice (מִשְפָּט, mishpat; δικαιοσύνη, dikaiosynē). It is divinely righteous action, whether taken by humanity or God, that promotes equality among humanity. Used in relation to uplifting the righteous and oppressed and debasing the unrighteous and oppressors.
God is clear about the role of Jesus. We don’t have to worry about anything. Jesus will deliver justice. He will be fair but He will be right. There will be no appeal. Now would be the time to change our minds (aka repent) and get right with God.
As the perfect Son of God, Jesus will do the right thing. We can count on Him. It will happen.
- Acts 3:14 — 14 “But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:30 — 30 But by His doing you are in the Messiah Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption.
- Revelation 19:11 — 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.
- Isaiah 42:1 — 1 “Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold; My chosen one in whom My soul delights. I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations.”
- Isaiah 9:7 — 7 There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the Master of hosts will accomplish this.
- Isaiah 11:3–5 — 3 And He will delight in the fear of the Master, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear; 4 But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. 5 Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, And faithfulness the belt about His waist.
- Isaiah 42:3 — 3 “A bruised reed He will not break And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.”
- Malachi 3:1–3 — 1 “Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Master, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,” says the Master of hosts. 2 “But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap. 3 “He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the Master offerings in righteousness.