There are many reasons to be thankful about the wonderful world around us. God is good and in a good mood. Beyond being thankful, I must consider being joyful. I should rejoice. I should shout out loud how good God is. Do I tell everyone I know about Him?
- Psalm 96:11–13 — 11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; Let the sea roar, and all it contains; 12 Let the field exult, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy 13 Before the Master, for He is coming, For He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness.
- Job 39:13 — 13 “The ostriches’ wings flap joyously With the pinion and plumage of love,
- Psalm 65:12–13 — 12 The pastures of the wilderness drip, And the hills gird themselves with rejoicing. 13 The meadows are clothed with flocks And the valleys are covered with grain; They shout for joy, yes, they sing.
- Psalm 89:12 — 12 The north and the south, You have created them; Tabor and Hermon shout for joy at Your name.
- Psalm 97:1 — 1 The Master reigns, let the earth rejoice; Let the many islands be glad.
- Psalm 100:1 — 1 Shout joyfully to the Master, all the earth.
- Isaiah 35:1–2 — 1 The wilderness and the desert will be glad, And the Arabah will rejoice and blossom; Like the crocus 2 It will blossom profusely And rejoice with rejoicing and shout of joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, The majesty of Carmel and Sharon. They will see the glory of the Master, The majesty of our God.
- Isaiah 49:13 — 13 Shout for joy, O heavens! And rejoice, O earth! Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains! For the Master has comforted His people And will have compassion on His afflicted.