God cares about me. This is practical talk from Jesus.
If God cares for canaries, how much does He care for me?
This is very straightforward. I get it.
What’s the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail — even numbering the hairs on your head! So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk. You’re worth more than a million canaries. ~Jesus | Luke 12:6-7 (The Message Bible)
I know that God is good. I know that God is in a good mood. We all do so we should stop pretending and get with the program. Enough of the complaining and whining.
All God’s perfect qualities are made freely available to all for the benefit of the whole world. God is good. Jesus alerts us that God alone is good. God is good, kind, thoughtful, compassionate and loving. God so loved the world that He sent Jesus to die for us. God is good y’all.
Because God is good, God is in a good mood. It is a myth that the old testament (aka agreement) is all about an angry God.
- As James alerts us “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.”
- God never varies from being good. At all. Ever!
Not only is God good and in a good mood. God does good.
- His actions are grounded in goodness.
- As King David says about God, “You are good and do good; Teach me Your statutes.”
- Jesus challenges me to understand the scope of God’s goodness. “He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
But doesn’t the scripture talk about God getting angry? Yes it does. And it talks about Jesus getting angry. And it says it is ok if we get angry as long as we get over it quickly.
- Anger is not the opposite of goodness. God is good and he is always good. Anger is to be indignant and to grieve about someone.
- It is not the emotional outbursts of evil people.
- God is many things. They are not mutually exclusive. God is the God of “Yes / And”. God is good, God is jealous, God is love, and on and on it goes.
- No matter what, God is good and He is in a good mood. There is a huge difference between “God is good” and “getting angry”.
- God gets angry but God is not angry. One is a permanent state and the other is temporary.
Vincent S Artale Jr said:
Reblogged this on Talmidimblogging.