Jesus has defeated Satan. Jesus openly spoke about the Cross and His death. It was an hour of judgment for the world and for Satan, the prince of the world.
I can shout. The victory has been won by Jesus. Death and Satan have been defeated. Now that is some very good news.
The death of Jesus would seem like a victory for the wicked world, but it would really be a judgment of the world. On the cross, Jesus would defeat Satan and his world system. Even though he is permitted to go to and fro on the earth, Satan is a defeated enemy.
As we serve the Master Jesus, we overcome the wicked one. One day Satan shall be cast out of heaven, and eventually he will be judged and imprisoned forever.
- John 12:31 (NASB) — 31 “Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.”
- Luke 10:18–19 — 18 And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19 “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.
- John 14:30 — 30 “I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
- John 16:11 — 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
- Hebrews 2:14–15 — 14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.
Wiersbe, W. W. (1996). The Bible exposition commentary (Vol. 1, pp. 342–343). Wheaton, IL: Victor Books.