I have to be very careful. There many religious leaders who are trying to decieve me. Jesus is warning me.
Seriously? Religious leaders and elites? Deceive us?
Yes, it is true. Jesus tells us it is. Many of us are being deceived. We are being lied to. It is outrageous. Jesus weeps over the deceptive messages coming from our elites.
Later as he was sitting on Mount Olives, his disciples approached and asked him, “Tell us, when are these things going to happen? What will be the sign of your coming, that the time’s up?” …
“In the confusion, lying preachers [false prophets] will come forward and deceive a lot of people. For many others, the overwhelming spread of evil [lawlessness] will do them in — nothing left of their love but a mound of ashes.” ~Jesus | Matthew 24:11-12 (The Message Bible)
The secondary message here is about the overwhelming spread of evil and lawlessness. Sound familiar?
Yes, it is overwhelming. It will do me in if I give into it. It will cause my love of Jesus to grow cold and leave a mound of ashes.
So, what to do?
- Stay faithful to Jesus and the good news message.
- The Son of God came to earth as a human.
- Jesus was born of a virgin, Mary.
- Jesus died to redeem me from the slavery of missing God’s goal.
- Jesus liberated me.
- Jesus was raised from the dead into an incorruptable body.
- Jesus ascended to heaven to rule as King over God’s country.
- Keep following Him, be a disciple and learn.
- We must persist to the end. Don’t give up.
- Lean in and suck it up.
What is the Good News?
Jesus is King of God’s country. I am citizen with all the rights and privileges to know the Truth. Jesus is the Truth. Jesus is the Way to God.
While I am a slave, Jesus has made me a friend.
Now that is some very good news!