Now here is some very good news. I am a child of God. All of us who follow Jesus are His children.
And …. as children, we have an inheritance.
Now this is stunning. All of creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. My oh my. I’m doing a happy dance over that.
What are we inheriting from our Father? The son is rich, while the servant is poor. We are both “sons and heirs.” And since we are adopted—placed as adult sons in the family—we may begin drawing on our inheritance right now.
God has made available to us:
- the riches of His grace
- the riches of His glory
- the riches of His goodness
- the riches of His wisdom
All of the riches of God are found in the Messiah! We will overcome everything and inherit everything. It will be beautiful. We can count on our Father. He is faithful and will not fail us.
- Revelation 21:7 (NASB) — “He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.”
- Jeremiah 3:19 — “Then I said, ‘How I would set you among My sons And give you a pleasant land, The most beautiful inheritance of the nations!’ And I said, ‘You shall call Me, My Father, And not turn away from following Me.’
- Romans 8:17–19 —And if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with the Messiah, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
- Galatians 4:7 —Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
- 1 John 3:2 —Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.