Faithfulness is the proper response to God by his covenant people. It is seen in a steadfast commitment which reflects God’s own faithfulness to the covenant. Encouraged in all believers, it is especially important in leaders.
I am called to be faithful and trustworthy. I am challenged by this some days. When I think about it and focus on it, I execute God’s goal. Some days, like a sheep, I wander off.
I am thankful for the good Shepherd who finds me and brings me back home.
The good news is that God is always faithful. That is just the way He is. He has always been patient, waiting for me to come back to Jesus and follow Him. There is a crown of righteousness awaiting at the end of the journey. At the end of the day, I want to hear Jesus say “Well done, good and faithful slave!”
God is good! God is in a good mood. God will see me through to the end.
- Matthew 25:21 — “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’
- Matthew 24:45–47 (NASB) — “Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions.”
- 2 Timothy 4:6–8 —For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Master, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.
- Revelation 17:14 — “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Master of Masters and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”
- Revelation 20:4 —Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with the Messiah for a thousand years.
- 1 Samuel 26:23 — “The Master will repay each man for his righteousness and his faithfulness; for the Master delivered you into my hand today, but I refused to stretch out my hand against the Master’s”
- Psalm 101:6 —My eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; He who walks in a blameless way is the one who will minister to me.
- Proverbs 28:20 —A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who makes haste to be rich will not go unpunished.