Apostle Paul Sayings, Evil, Galatians 1, Glory, Grace, Peace
What is the good news message that Paul has for me? Jesus the Messiah gave himself for my missing God’s goal for my life (aka sin) and to rescue me from evil. Now that is stunning. What an amazing Master we serve.
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Master Jesus the Messiah, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. | Christian Standard Bible. (2017). (Ga 1:3–5). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.
From the very beginning, Paul clearly states the message of the good news, because it was this message that the religious elites were changing. The good news centers in a Person-Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God. This Person paid a price-He gave Himself to die on the cross. The Messiah paid the price that He might achieve a purpose-delivering sinners from bondage.
Here are the key ideas:
- “Liberty in the Messiah” is the dominant theme of Galatians. The religious elites wanted to lead the disciples of Jesus out of the liberty of grace into the bondage of Law.
- Paul knew that bondage was not a part of the message of the good news, for Messiah had died to set men free.
- Paul’s ministry and message were sources of spiritual authority.
- What should our motive be? “To whom be glory forever and ever!” My motive should be to bring glory to God. I should proclaim the good news of His stunning brilliance and beauty.
- The false teachers were not ministering for the glory of the Messiah, but for their own glory.
- Like false teachers today, the religious elites were not busy winning lost people to Jesus.
- Rather, they were stealing other men’s converts and bragging about their statistics.
- But Paul’s motive was pure and godly: he wanted to glorify Jesus the Messiah.
- Paul has now explained his authority. He is ready for a second step as he begins this battle for the liberty of the follower of Jesus.
Vincent S Artale Jr said:
Reblogged this on Talmidimblogging.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Grateful for Jesus our Savior
LikeLiked by 1 person