I am constantly amazed and stunned at how good God is and beautiful His works are. He has done wonderful things including redeeming me from a life of missing God’s goals. God will do wonderous things in my life. He already has and will not stop.
His beauty is overwhelming. No one can equal Him. No one is like Him. There is no equal. PERIOD!
Astonishment and surprise are frequent responses to the actions and words of God and Jesus the Messiah.
The glory of God is the beauty of His spirit. It is not an aesthetic beauty or a material beauty, but it is the beauty that emanates from His character, from all that He is.
James 1:10 calls on a rich man to “glory in his humiliation,” indicating a glory that does not mean riches or power or material beauty. This glory can crown man or fill the earth. It is seen within man and in the earth, but it is not of them; it is of God. The glory of man is the beauty of man’s spirit, which is fallible and eventually passes away, and is therefore humiliating—as the verse tells us. But the glory of God, which is manifested in all His attributes together, never passes away. It is eternal.
Jesus is amazing. I am constantly stunned at what He did for me and how He teaches me. Jesus is in the amazement business.
Here are some amazing things.
- The miracles
- The teaching
- His authority
- Casting out demons
- Raising the dead
- His death, resurrection and ascension
- His gift of the Holy Spirit to us
And the list could go on and on. Everything about Jesus is stunning. We need to stand in awe. We need to shout for joy. We need to do a happy dance.
- Revelation 15:1 (NASB) —Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels who had seven plagues, which are the last, because in them the wrath of God is finished.
- Revelation 15:3 —And they sang the song of Moses, the bond-servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, “Great and marvelous are Your works, O Master God, the Almighty; Righteous and true are Your ways, King of the nations!
- Psalm 98:1 —O sing to the Master a new song, For He has done wonderful things, His right hand and His holy arm have gained the victory for Him.
- Joshua 3:5 —Then Joshua said to the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Master will do wonders among you.”
- Judges 13:19 —So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering and offered it on the rock to the Master, and He performed wonders while Manoah and his wife looked on.
- 1 Chronicles 16:24 —Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
- Psalm 71:17 —O God, You have taught me from my youth, And I still declare Your wondrous deeds.
- Psalm 72:18 —Blessed be the Master God, the God of Israel, Who alone works wonders.
- Psalm 86:10 —For You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God.
- Psalm 96:3 —Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
- Psalm 118:23 —This is the Master’s doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.
- Isaiah 25:1 —O Master, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.
- Daniel 3:24 —Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astounded and stood up in haste; he said to his high officials, “Was it not three men we cast bound into the midst of the fire?” They replied to the king, “Certainly, O king.”