God is God. God is to be honored and His name is to be revered. This is a shock to many today. Our culture considers it okay to dishonor God. I must honor God. I must be proud of following King Jesus, His Son.
As followers of Jesus, because we honor God, we have an inheritance. God is God. God knows what is going to happen. He has determined what is going to happen (aka predestined). We can be confident it will.
Who does He consult with? Himself. It is His will that is the only thing that counts. It is all about God and I must honor His name.
- Ephesians 1:11–14 — Also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in the Messiah would be to the praise of His glory. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.
- Psalm 106:8 — Nevertheless He saved them for the sake of His name, That He might make His power known.
- Exodus 9:16 — 16 “But, indeed, for this reason I have allowed you to remain, in order to show you My power and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth.
- Psalm 23:3 — 3 He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
- Isaiah 43:7 — 7 Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”
- Ezekiel 36:20–23 — 20 “When they came to the nations where they went, they profaned My holy name, because it was said of them, ‘These are the people of the Master; yet they have come out of His land.’ 21 “But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went. 22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Master God, “It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you went. 23 “I will vindicate the holiness of My great name which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. Then the nations will know that I am the Master,” declares the Master God, “when I prove Myself holy among you in their sight.