What was one of the primary ways Jesus obtained wisdom?
Jesus spent a ton of time in prayer. He talked with His Father. He listened to His Father. He got off by Himself. He stayed up late. He got up early.
I need more wisdom in my life. I really want it. Jesus shows me the way. I’ve missed this connection between prayer and wisdom too often. I am in pursuit of wisdom but I’m not praying.
I need to spend more time on my knees. I need to listen to God. I need to act on what He is saying. “Your will be done.” That should be my constant prayer.
- Matthew 13:54 (NASB) —He came to His hometown and began teaching them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?”
- Matthew 26:36 —Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to His disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”
- Luke 5:16 —But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.
- Matthew 14:23 — 23 After He had sent the crowds away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray; and when it was evening, He was there alone.
- Mark 1:35 — 35 In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there.
- Luke 6:12 — 12 It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God.