God is pure and holy. There is nothing about God that is false at all. There is no evil in God. Purity refers to flawless. God is flawless. There is no sin in God because of His purity.
With the pure You show Yourself pure, and with the crooked You show Yourself astute. | Psalm 18:26
I, of course, am not pure. I miss God’s goal for my life.
- The purity of God and His Son Jesus is to show us the way. I am a new creation in Jesus. Now that is some very good news. That makes me want to shout.
- Jesus challenges me. “Happy are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” Clearly, I am to be pure. It is a matter of the heart. Purity means to be “clean, blameless, unstained from guilt.” Interestingly, the word can refer specifically to that which is purified by fire or by pruning. John the Baptist told people that Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire.
- God is pure. I am pure through the redemptive work of Jesus on the cross and the power of the Holy Spirit working in my life. I cannot ignore continuing to miss God’s goal for my life (aka sin). I must change my way of thinking (repent) and act differently.
Jesus requires me to be pure in heart! Jesus said to the woman caught in the act of adultery “Go and sin no more.” God didn’t condemn her but we are to be pure.
- 1 John 1:5 — 5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
- Habakkuk 1:13 — 13 Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You can not look on wickedness with favor. Why do You look with favor On those who deal treacherously? Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they?
- Job 4:17 — 17 ‘Can mankind be just before God? Can a man be pure before his Maker?
- Psalm 18:26 — 26 With the pure You show Yourself pure, And with the crooked You show Yourself astute.
Your post reminded me of King David’s son King Solomon affirmation verse of his same observations 3000 years ago about finding pure hearts and souls on our planet.
while I was still searching but not finding– I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all. (Ecclesiastes 7:28)
Who was the man? In my opinion, the only pure man he found was Adam.
Which in my opinion adds weight to our Creators reason for allowing his creations to continue to test who is worthy of entering His Kingdom when their short life spans end.
Regards and goodwill blogging.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: “With the pure You show Yourself pure, and with the crooked You show Yourself astute.” ~King David — Jesus Quotes and God Thoughts | Talmidimblogging
Going tangent from this post I’m glad not only that God wants purity in our life which is what’s best for us but also God has given us the Spirit to work and sanctify us to become pure!
LikeLiked by 1 person