I have been baptized. That unites me with the death, burial and resurrection of my Master Jesus. I live a new life now and one day, my physical body will be resurrected, just like Jesus. Eternal life now and an eternal body in the future.
“Now if we have died with the Messiah, we believe that we shall also live with Him.“ | Romans 6:8 (NASB)
Resurrection of my body, after death, will happen. So is the eternal life I have right now as a follower of Jesus. They are not mutually exclusive. I have one now, and the other later. It is “yes / and”.
By His teaching, His miracles, and His own resurrection, Jesus clearly taught the resurrection of the human body. He has declared once for all that death is real, that there is life after death, and that the body will one day be raised by the power of God.
He transformed this teaching in a second way: He took it out of a book and put it into a person, Himself. “I am the resurrection and the life”! (John 11:25) While we thank God for what the Bible teaches (and all Martha had was the Old Testament), we realize that we are saved by the Redeemer, Jesus the Messiah, and not by a doctrine written in a book. When we know Him by faith, we need not fear the shadow of death.
- Romans 6:5 —For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,
- John 6:39 — “This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.”
- John 6:44 — “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
- Acts 26:23 —that the Messiah was to suffer, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”
- Romans 6:8 —Now if we have died with the Messiah, we believe that we shall also live with Him.“
- 1 Corinthians 6:14 —Now God has not only raised the Master, but will also raise us up through His power.
- 1 Corinthians 15:20–23 —But now the Messiah has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in the Messiah all will be made alive. But each in his own order: the Messiah the first fruits, after that those who are the Messiah’s at His coming,
- 2 Corinthians 4:14 —knowing that He who raised the Master Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.
- Colossians 3:4 —When the Messiah, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16 —For the Master Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in the Messiah will rise first.
- 2 Timothy 2:11 —It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him;
There is power in prayer. At the Christian Training Center International, we see it every day. Let us join with you in tapping into the Power of God. Click here to make a request.
Leadership the Jesus: A Faith at work series — Looking how to focus your faith at work? | This series of leadership programs focuses on leadership skills that drive the purpose and passion for work as laid out by Jesus and based on sound scripture. We might see faith and work as estranged. It can be frustrating. But, in truth, faith and work should share a crucial aim: to see the unseen at work through the power of the Holy Spirit. Nothing new has been made without faith in God. Nothing unseen has been seen without work. When the force of what we do hits why we do it, we wither, or we flourish. Learn more here.
Check out our upcoming ministry programs for young adults and families. Please click here.
Our programs are like an immersion into a new language – the language of living in Jesus. The goal is fluency in the language of relationships. The foundation is an encounter with Jesus that leads to a radical change in living and relationships.
Heroes Semester is a 10-week residential, “family style” living experience like no other! | Participants ages 18-26 come with one purpose – to go deeper with the Lord. Learn more about our programs here.
Strengthening & Restoring Family Relationships — Train to Reign Program | Family is the most vital relationship and the one under the most pressure and attack. Come strengthen your family in a strong relationship with God. Learn more here.
If you would like to donate to the Christian Training Center, please click here.