Who is in control of the outcome, the potter or the pottery? The potter of course.
I admit that I am not very creative when it comes to painting, sculpting, etc. I do enjoy hand blown glass and have seen pottery made.
Everything done is in the hands of the artist. He is in control. The clay has no say in what the outcome is.
And so, God is shaping me as seems best to Him. I may not always understand it but that is the way Jesus works. He is the creator. He is God.
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD : “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.” Jeremiah 18:1-6
May I open myself to what He sees is best for me.
God has goals in mind. He will accomplish them. When I miss God’s goal, that is known as sin. I miss God’s goal. I am a sinner. That much should be clear but if it isn’t, it is a starting point.
Jesus the Messiah’s basic aim was to do his Father’s will. As a slave of Jesus, I have the same objective, which Jesus the Messiah and the Holy Spirit enable me to achieve. I can’t do it on my own. I can do it with the power of the Holy Spirit. Now that is some VERY good news.
God’s goals — To live with his people. God is with me. Jesus is with me. That is clear.
- John 14:23 — Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.”
- Leviticus 26:11–12 — ‘Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.
- Psalm 23:6 — Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Master forever.
- Zechariah 2:10 — “Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” declares the Master.
- Revelation 21:3 — And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,