Jesus is wired with the power of God. God’s energy flows through Jesus continuously. So much so, when a sick woman touches His robe, the energy flows out.
What happens? She is healed instantly.
Jesus senses this has happened. He knows it is an act of faith.
We have the same Holy Spirit in us. Are we in tune with His power, His energy?
We can be. God is in a good mood.
He wants to heal us. He wants us to believe.
May it be so.
At the same moment, Jesus felt energy discharging from him. He turned around to the crowd and asked, “Who touched my robe?”(Mark 5:30 MSG)
There is a lot to be said in the scripture about sickness and healing.
Approximately one fifth of the Gospel narrative is devoted to Jesus’ healing ministry. At the start of His ministry, Jesus “went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.” (Matthew 4:23).
Later, when Jesus sent His twelve disciples out to preach the gospel, He gave them authority to heal the sick (Luke 9:1-2). After Jesus’ resurrection and ascension, the apostles continued healing many (Acts 5:12-16). Acts records a number of healings by Peter, John, and Paul (19:12; 28:8-9).
God is the author of healing. Now that is some stunning news. That is the good news of the Kingdom of God. Jesus is King. Jesus is in control. Jesus wants to heal me.
- Exodus 15:26 — And He said, “If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the Master your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the Master, am your healer.”
- The spiritual gift of healing is the supernatural manifestation of the Spirit of God that miraculously brings healing and deliverance from disease and/or infirmity.
- It is the power of God that destroys the work of sin and/or the devil in the human body, such as the healings that Jesus and the disciples performed (Matthew 4:24; 15:30; Acts 5:15-16; 28:8-9).
- The gift of healing given to the church is primarily noted in 1 Corinthians 12, where the spiritual gifts are listed.
- Psalm 103:2–3 — Bless the Master, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases.
- Luke 5:15 — But the news about Him was spreading even farther, and large crowds were gathering to hear Him and to be healed of their sicknesses.