We know it is true. Jesus rocks. He is amazing. His love for us can’t be compared to anyone or anything else.
He gave up living in Heaven with his heavenly Father and came to our world to show us that love.
He willingly died for us.
He has been resurrected from the grave.
He now has his rightful place of honor seated next to God. All authority has been given over to Him. God is God. He does what He wants and He wanted to do this.
Yes, Jesus ROCKS!! It is so true.
Scripture presents conclusive evidence that Jesus the Messiah was in fact resurrected from the dead to an incorruptible body.
The Messiah’s resurrection is recorded in Matthew 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-20; Luke 24:1-53; and John 20:1–21:25. The resurrected Messiah also appeared in the Book of Acts (Acts 1:1-11).
From these passages you can gain several “proofs” of Jesus’ resurrection. Consider the dramatic change in the disciples. They went from a group of men frightened and in hiding to strong, courageous witnesses sharing the gospel throughout the world. They were all persecuted and executed for their witness to the power of Jesus.
What else could explain this dramatic change other than the risen Jesus appearing to them?
Resurrection of Jesus the Messiah — It is Foretold In the Scripture
Paul is clear on what happened. He knew the scripture and personally encountered the resurrected Jesus.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3–4 — For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that the Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.
Several times King David prophesied about the resurrection.
- Psalm 16:10 — For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
- Psalm 49:15 — But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, For He will receive me. Selah.
Isaiah also saw it coming.
- Isaiah 53:10–12 — But the Master was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the Master will prosper in His hand. As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities. therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
Consider this from the prophet Hosea. The third day was predicted.
- Hosea 6:2 — “He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.
- Many times Jesus foretold His resurrection to His followers.
- Luke 24:46 — And He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Messiah would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day“.
- Peter is clear about King David prophesying about the resurrection.
- Acts 2:29–31 — “Brethren, I may confidently say to you regarding the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. And so, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne, he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh suffer decay.
More from Paul.
Acts 26:22–23 — “So, having obtained help from God, I stand to this day testifying both to small and great, stating nothing but what the Prophets and Moses said was going to take place; that the Messiah was to suffer, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”
Beautiful post on the evidence of Christ is His resurrection. No hope without it!
LikeLiked by 1 person