God’s government (Kingdom) is not a democracy. We’ve been raised to see democracy as the best form of government. Technically, America is not a democracy. It is a constitutional republic.
The prophecy of Daniel 7:13-14 is so powerful and lays it out clearly.
“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”
Jesus wasn’t elected. His way isn’t determined by a majority vote. God has always been in control and he has given everything over to His son Jesus, our Master.
God doesn’t need our permission to make a decision. It has always been that way. It always will.
On Palm Sunday, Jesus entered Jerusalem as King. The people knew it. After His resurrection, He ascended in Heaven and his Father made it official. He sits next to God and is in charge of everything in Gods world.
Jesus has a new plan. It isn’t based on anything we know. Jesus put an end to that. No more trying to do good to please him.
Jesus is in charge of His world and government. He is in a good mood as a Father would be toward His children. He is also God.
Kings came and went. Kings died. Someone else became King. It could have been a son. It could have been a conqueror. But the fact is the King would one day lose power to rule.
King Jesus — How long will Jesus be King?
Jesus is King of God’s country forever. Jesus rose from the dead in an incorruptible body. Jesus ascended to heaven. Jesus sits at the right hand of God as King and ruler.
His Kingship and the Kingdom will go on forever and ever. Trillions and trillions of years.
I should prepare to live an eternal life with Jesus as King. The more I learn to let Him be in charge, the better off I am.
- Revelation 11:15 — Then the seventh angel sounded; and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Master and of His the Messiah; and He will reign forever and ever.”
- Isaiah 9:7 —There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the Master of hosts will accomplish this.
- Luke 1:33 — “He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”
- Hebrews 1:8 — But of the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
- Psalm 45:6 —Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.