I am called to be faithful and trustworthy. I am challenged by this some days. When I think about it and focus on it, I execute God’s goal. Some days, like a sheep, I wander off.
I am thankful for the good Shepherd who finds me and brings me back home.
The good news is that God is always faithful. That is just the way He is. He has always been patient, waiting for me to come back to Jesus and follow Him.
God is good! God is in a good mood. God will see me through to the end.
Faithfulness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. [Galatians 5:22 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.]
Encouragement to faithfulness
Since being faithful is a fruit, I know that fruit isn’t ripe to begin with. In fact, fruit starts as a seed, grows into a tree, blossoms, starts out small and then slowly ripens. Serving Jesus leads to faithfulness. It starts small and grows. I must start with small things to get trusted with more.
“He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you? And if you have not been faithful in the use of that which is another’s, who will give you that which is your own? No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.” | Luke 16:10-13
Will I be immovable?
Am I immovable? That is the idea to focus on. Jesus has given me a goal. I must stand firm and not move off of it. I need to be like the house built on rock. When the rain comes, I won’t move at all. I will be able to withstand a Category 5 hurricane.
- Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NASB)
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5–6 (NASB)
- “Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock.” Isaiah 26:4 (NASB)
- “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.” John 14:1 (NASB)
- Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13 (NASB)
- It was for freedom that the Messiah set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 (NASB)
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13 (NASB)
His faithfulness stirs us to be faithful
LikeLiked by 1 person