God’s goal: It is God’s goal for us to align our hearts with our words in a way that is acceptable to God. We are to love Him and everyone else with all our hearts.
Do our words reflect that? Does God’s love in our hearts cause us to think amazing things and then act in a way that reflects His love?
Beyond what we have to say, is what we are thinking and meditating on acceptable to God? It starts with our heart.
Without a right heart, the rest is all futile. It continues with our thoughts. It translates into our words.
May we align God’s love in our hearts with what we say.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. | Psalm 19:14
What happens when our heart is renewed and restored? What is the outcome? One of the key characteristic of a renewed heart is wisdom.
- Proverbs 2:10 — 10 For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
- Job 38:36 — 36 “Who has put wisdom in the innermost being Or given understanding to the mind?
- Psalm 90:12 — 12 So teach us to number our days, That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
- Proverbs 2:2 — 2 Make your ear attentive to wisdom, Incline your heart to understanding;
- Proverbs 3:1 — 1 My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments;
- Proverbs 3:3 — 3 Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.
- Proverbs 23:15 — 15 My son, if your heart is wise, My own heart also will be glad;