Is our faith contingent on how we feel right now? What we are experiencing right now may shake our faith. We need to know, in our heart, that God is in a good mood and will see us through to the end. That is God’s promise to us.
If your faith is in experiences, anything that happens is likely to upset that faith. ~Oswald Chambers
Where should I put my faith?
- In God?
- In Jesus?
- In the Holy Spirit?
- Yes! Yes! And Yes!
Jesus challenges us to believe in Him and have faith. This is foundational to my world as a disciple of Jesus.
Why should I believe Jesus? Jesus is the TRUTH. Jesus is the Way to God. Jesus came to pay the price I owe God for missing God’s goal for my life. Jesus is Life. Jesus is in charge of God’s country.
I can believe Jesus because I can trust Jesus. It is not that Jesus exists but that I can trust Him. He came to die for me out of love. I can rely on Jesus.
- John 14:1 — 1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.”
- John 3:16 — 16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
- John 3:18 — 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- John 3:36 — 36 “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
- John 6:68–69 — 68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. 69 “We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.”