We all need direction. Our vision is always limited. There are so many things we don’t see for our self.
Having trusted advisers makes a difference. Having as many as possible makes sense.
God’s goal for us learn wisdom. He puts people in our life who we can trust. May I have many trusted advisers.
Who am I listening to? Are they wise?
Without guidance, a people will fall, but with many counselors there is deliverance. | Christian Standard Bible. (2020). (Proverbs 11:14). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.
Guidance (taḥbūlôṯ) is a nautical term used of steering a ship. The “steerings” or counsel of advisers can be helpful. A wise person is open to others’ opinions and counsel. Without such counsel, he may make serious mistakes.
- Proverbs 12:15 (CSB) — 15 A fool’s way is right in his own eyes, but whoever listens to counsel is wise.
- Proverbs 13:10 (CSB) — 10 Arrogance leads to nothing but strife, but wisdom is gained by those who take advice.
- Proverbs 15:12 (CSB) — 12 A mocker doesn’t love one who corrects him; he will not consult the wise.
- Proverbs 15:22 (CSB) — 22 Plans fail when there is no counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
- Proverbs 19:20 (CSB) — 20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction so that you may be wise later in life.
- Proverbs 24:6 (CSB) — 6 for you should wage war with sound guidance— victory comes with many counselors.
- Proverbs 27:9 (CSB) — 9 Oil and incense bring joy to the heart, and the sweetness of a friend is better than self-counsel.
- Ecclesiastes 4:13 (CSB) — 13 Better is a poor but wise youth than an old but foolish king who no longer pays attention to warnings.