Eternity is a long time.
- Think a billion years. Not enough.
- A trillion years. Not enough.
It is hard enough to think of 100 years. Yeshua [Jesus] wants us to wrap our minds around the enormity of what GOD can and will do.
GOD is GOD. God is Yahweh, the great “I AM”. Yeshua [Jesus] offers the Holy Spirit and life for all eternity. It is an unconditional offer. It is ours for believing in Him and YHWH. Yeshua [Jesus] challenges us to drink His water and be satisfied.
It is enough. We do not need anything else. What a gift eternal life offers us. It is overwhelming to even consider it.
Yeshua [Jesus] said, “Everyone who drinks from this water will get thirsty again. But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again. In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up in him for eternal life.” | Christian Standard Bible. (2020). (John 4:13–14). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.
God’s goal: It is an important question to figure out. Is eternal life a gift or something we earn by being a good person? Our future hangs on knowing this in our heart.
- Jesus is clear when He says “I give eternal life”
- Paul is clear when he says, “the free gift of God is eternal life”.
- Peter is clear when he says, “seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life”.
Yet, many continue to think it is about being a good person. It is not!
We must not fall into that trap. It is too easy to do.
Faith at Work: When we see God’s grand plan for us, our colleagues will have a great deal of respect for us. It is called “seeing the big picture” and it is highly prized in the work place. Will we be known for obsessing over the little things and going for the big thing. Think big. Think bold.
- John 10:28 — 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
- Romans 6:23 —For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in the Messiah Jesus our Master.
- John 6:27 — “Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”
- Romans 5:15–17 —But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus the Messiah, abound to the many. The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus the Messiah.
- Ephesians 2:8–9 —For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- 1 Peter 3:7 —You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
- 2 Peter 1:3 —seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.