It is all about God. God is God. He will have His way, in us and in the world. It is all about what God wants to do through us. It is not about what we will do for him.
God’s goal is for us to be obedient to what He wants to do. It is all about obedience. Period. End of story.
The goal of faithfulness is not that we will do work for God, but that He will be free to do His work through us. ~Oswald Chambers
Faithfulness is the proper response to God by his covenant people; seen in a steadfast commitment which reflects God’s own faithfulness to the covenant. Encouraged in all believers, it is especially important in leaders.
I am called to be faithful and trustworthy. I am challenged by this some days. When I think about it and focus on it, I execute God’s goal. Some days, like a sheep, I wander off.
I am thankful for the good Shepherd who finds me and brings me back home. The good news is that God is always faithful. That is just the way He is. He has always been patient, waiting for me to come back to Jesus and follow Him.
God is good! God is in a good mood. God will see me through to the end. My job is to be faithful.
Since being faithful is a fruit, I know that fruit isn’t ripe to begin with. In fact, fruit starts as a seed, grows into a tree, blossoms, starts out small and then slowly ripens. Serving Jesus leads to faithfulness. It starts small and grows. I must start with small things to get trusted with more.
Faithfulness to God seen as marital fidelity Faithfulness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. [Galatians 5:22 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.]
- Ephesians 5:22–25 — The Messiah also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. The church is subject to the Messiah. Husbands, love your wives, just as the Messiah also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.
- Hosea 2:20 — And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Master.
- Isaiah 54:5 — “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the Master of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.
Without faithfulness to God there can be no discipleship life. Following Jesus is based first on faith that God is, and then that through the Messiah Jesus I am forgiven and saved. My faithfulness is a commitment to adhere to the One God who is true and supreme and to keep His commandments.
- Jeremiah 2:2 — “Go and proclaim in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, ‘Thus says the Master, “I remember concerning you the devotion of your youth, The love of your betrothals, Your following after Me in the wilderness, Through a land not sown.
- Ezekiel 16:8 — “Then I passed by you and saw you, and behold, you were at the time for love; so I spread My skirt over you and covered your nakedness. I also swore to you and entered into a covenant with you so that you became Mine,” declares Yahweh God.
- Ephesians 1:1 — Paul, an apostle of the Messiah Yeshua [Jesus] by the will of God, To the saints who are at Ephesus and who are faithful in the Messiah Yeshua: