God is always in a good mood. He is our heavenly Father. Perfect in every way. Always caring and thoughtful.
His love for us is overwhelming. He is crazy in love with us.
Today is the day. God’s goal for us is to receive his love, just like a little child.
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning…Face it, friend. He is crazy about you!
God not only is good but more importantly, God does good. God acts on His goodness and demonstrates it to me every day. I may not see it because that is because I am not looking. Jesus has a goal for me. The goal is to see how good God is to me.
Jesus came to bring good news through what He does. That was His mission from His Father. I’ve seen Jesus. He was smiling a lot. I have not always seen Him that way. I think I’ve always confused His directness, particularly with the religious leaders of His day, with grimness and anger.
Jesus demonstrated how good God is by tirelessly healing the sick. Consider this.
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.
Jesus showed God’s goodness every time He could.
Jesus showed God’s goodness all the time!
“You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.” ~Apostle Paul | Acts 10:38 (NASB)
King David knew first hand of God’s goodness. David would sing and dance in the joy of the Master. David was very enthusiastic and passionate the good that God does in our lives.
- Psalm 119:68 — You are good and do good; Teach me Your statutes.
- Psalm 73:1 — 1 Surely God is good to Israel, To those who are pure in heart!
- Psalm 143:10 — 10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Even when I miss God’s goal (aka sin), God is good and wants to pardon me. God is ready to forgive. God’s goodness is intended to lead me to change my mind (aka repent). God is not mean. God is not cruel. The famous parable of the prodigal son is really story about how good God is.
- 2 Chronicles 30:18 — 18 For a multitude of the people, even many from Ephraim and Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun, had not purified themselves, yet they ate the Passover otherwise than prescribed. For Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the good Master pardon”
- Nehemiah 9:20 — 20 “You gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, Your manna You did not withhold from their mouth, And You gave them water for their thirst.
- Romans 2:4 — 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?