God has a plan for us. Under His plan, we are to be special agents of Jesus. His assignments for us are not “normal”. They are special. Paul was an apostle. We have a role to play as well. They are planned out just for us. They are not random and haphazard. How amazing is that?
God is good and God has a goal for us. That is for today and for our whole lives. God knows what He is doing. Our prayer is to be “Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven”.
- Now that is some exceptionally good news for today and every day.
- That brings some much-needed grace and peace to our lives.
Paul, an apostle of the Messiah [Christ] Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
English Standard Version. (2016). (Ephesians 1:1–2). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
May we understand the role God has for us and serve as His special agent.
God has goals in mind. He will accomplish them. When I miss God’s goal, that is known as sin. I miss God’s goal. I am a sinner. That much should be clear but if it isn’t, it is a starting point.
Jesus the Messiah’s basic aim was to do his Father’s will. As a slave of Jesus, I have the same objective, which Jesus the Messiah and the Holy Spirit enable me to achieve. I can’t do it on my own. I can do it with the power of the Holy Spirit. Now that is some VERY good news.
God’s goals — To live with his people. God is with me. Jesus is with me. That is clear.
- John 14:23 — Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.”
- Leviticus 26:11–12 — ‘Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.
- Psalm 23:6 — Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the Master forever.
- Zechariah 2:10 — “Sing for joy and be glad, O daughter of Zion; for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” declares the Master.
- Revelation 21:3 — And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,