The Master Jesus the Messiah gave us the definition of a true friend:
“Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you”
Jesus is our example of the pure model of a true friend, for He laid down His life for His “friends.”
Now that is some very good news. I’m shouting out about that!
What is more, anyone may become His friend by trusting in Him as his personal savior, being born again and following Him as a disciple.
Friends — Will we find unity in the love and fear of the Master Jesus? Friends unite in their love of the Master. That is the true bond and passes the Jesus “friend test”.
- The real definition of a true friend comes from the Apostle Paul: “For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, the Messiah died for us.” (Romans 5:7-8).
- John 15:13 — Now this is true friendship. “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.“
- Psalm 119:63 — I am a companion of all those who fear You, And of those who keep Your precepts.
- Malachi 3:16 — Then those who feared the Master spoke to one another, and the Master gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Master and who esteem His name.
- Philippians 4:1 — Therefore, my beloved brethren whom I long to see, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Master, my beloved.
If He call Himself Lord and Savior, that be enough; but to call Himself our Friend, wow…
LikeLiked by 2 people