Now here is some good news. God is going to take care of us. Our job is to love God. Our job is to stay close to God.
Jesus is our Master. We are His slaves. We are to obey His commandments. Jesus wants us to love. That is it. That is all He wants us to do. That is a goal that is easy to remember. What should we do today? Love.
With Jesus in control, we can be brave. We can be strong. We must continue, even when things aren’t looking so optimistic.
Love Yahweh [the Lord], all you his saints! Yahweh [the Lord] preserves the faithful but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for Yahweh [the Lord]!
English Standard Version. (2016). (Psalm 31:23–24). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
Note the Hebrew word here for pride is גַּאֲוָה ga˓ăvâh, gah-av-aw’. It means arrogance or majesty, haughtiness, highness, pride, proudly, or swelling. This is not a good thing in God’s eyes. We must pay attention.
- We can be confident, courageous, and of good cheer because of Jesus.
- “Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the MASTER will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared” (Proverbs 3:25-26).
- Here is the promise of God’s superintending care for us, a care that is absent from the lives of those who reject Him.
- For those who have placed our faith in the Messiah for salvation, we are to have no fear because “it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32).
- In this great promise lies the basis of my confidence, my courage, and my good cheer.
God exalts the humble
- Luke 1:52 — 52 “He has brought down rulers from their thrones and has exalted those who were humble.
- 2 Samuel 7:8 — 8 “Now therefore, thus you shall say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Master of hosts, “I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people Israel.
- 1 Kings 14:7 — 7 “Go, say to Jeroboam, ‘Thus says the Master God of Israel, “Because I exalted you from among the people and made you leader over My people Israel,