God has a goal in mind for us. God’s goal is for us to love, be kind and tender.
Jesus shows us how to love and be kind. Jesus commands us to love. Jesus shows us the way. Our model for love is Jesus. When we follow Him, He gives us the strategy and the capability to love. We are not left to our own devices, desperately trying to figure it out.
Jesus is constantly moved by compassion to help the weak and brokenhearted. Jesus shows us the way.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, we can be tender, kind and loving.
- Philippians 2:1–2— Therefore if there is any encouragement in the Messiah, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
- 1 Corinthians 4:21— What do you desire? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love and a spirit of gentleness?
- Philippians 1:8— For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of the Messiah Jesus.
- Colossians 3:12— So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- 1 Peter 3:8— To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit.