As we seek to mature in the Master [Lord], one of the big three things to focus on is trusting Him more and more. We need to be steady in our trust. Not trusting one day and then not the next. Consistency leads to maturity. That is God’s goal for us.
Maturity is what we need to strive for. It is so easy to slide into trusting anything but God. That is so immature.
- So it is focus and consistency. That is the key.
- Focus on Him who will complete everything.
- He is leading us toward that consummation. It is His heart’s desire.
God has a goal for us all. It is not to remain children. It is to be mature. It is to grow up and complete the mission.
There is no “plan B” when it comes to God’s plan. He wants our heart and our love. That is it. He wants love from us.
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
English Standard Version. (2016). (1 Corinthians 13:13). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
Let us dig deeper!
- John 13:35 — 35 “By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- Romans 13:8 — 8 Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
- 1 Corinthians 16:24 — 24 My love be with you all in the Messiah Jesus. Amen.
- 2 Corinthians 8:8 — 8 I am not speaking this as a command, but as proving through the earnestness of others the sincerity of your love also.
- Galatians 5:13 — 13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
- Ephesians 4:2 — 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
- Philippians 1:9 — 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment,
- Colossians 2:2 — 2 that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, the Messiah Himself,
- Philemon 5 — 5 because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Master Jesus and toward all the saints;