Are we being fickle? Do we get swayed by the next great thing spoken by the new charismatic religious leader we hear?
- They have a best-selling book. Doesn’t that count for something?
- They are successful with thousands attending “their church” every week. Doesn’t that count for something?
- They are wealthy and promise us we can be too. Doesn’t that count for something?
- They went to the best seminary and have a doctorate degree. Doesn’t that count for something?
- The president listens to them. Doesn’t that count for something?
We can’t turn into a traitor to Jesus and the message of His good news. We must rely on His word. It is solid. It is the main thing.
- How does the “new message” compare to what Jesus says? Does it vary? Should we care?
- If we exam them, some of these messages are alien.
- They are a no-message. They are a lie about God.
- They are turning the message of Jesus on it’s head.
Well, what if it is someone we trust? Interesting challenge but then again who should we be trusting? A charismatic elitist or Jesus? The elitist is bringing down a curse on themselves. We must recognize the message for what it is.