Listening is not talking.
- Are my prayers one sided?
- Am I the only one talking?
- I clearly need to be quiet. I need to stop the blathering.
God’s goal for me is that I listen to Him and act on what He says.
How rare it is to find a soul quiet enough to hear God speak. ~Francois Fénelon (French theologian, writer)
God promises to hear the prayers of the oppressed
God is faithful and God is good. God will hear our prayers. There is no doubt about that. We can take it to the bank. We need to come in humility. God doesn’t owe us anything.
- Psalm 10:17 (NASB) — 17 O Master, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear
- Exodus 22:22–23 — 22 “You shall not afflict any widow or orphan. 23 “If you afflict him at all, and if he does cry out to Me, I will surely hear his cry;
- Exodus 22:26–27 — 26 “If you ever take your neighbor’s cloak as a pledge, you are to return it to him before the sun sets, 27 for that is his only covering; it is his cloak for his body. What else shall he sleep in? And it shall come about that when he cries out to Me, I will hear him, for I am gracious.
- Psalm 102:19–20 — 19 For He looked down from His holy height; From heaven the Master gazed upon the earth, 20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner, To set free those who were doomed to death,
- Isaiah 41:17 — 17 “The afflicted and needy are seeking water, but there is none, And their tongue is parched with thirst; I, the Master, will answer them Myself, As the God of Israel I will not forsake them.