I desperately need more kindness and compassion in my life. I need to judge less and love more. That is the way of Jesus.
That is what Jesus calls us to do. We know we want others to be kind to us. We need to be kind and compassionate to others no matter what.
Kindness is the quality of compassion and generosity, characteristic of God’s dealings towards the weak and poor, and demanded of believers. The kindness is also shown in the words and deeds of Jesus the Messiah.
Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd.” ~Matthew
Matthew 9:36 (NASB)
God’s goal: God showed His infinite kindness to me. God sent His Son Jesus to die for me. Surely, I can, by the power of His Holy Spirit, be kind. We are new creations in the Messiah Jesus. We have been redeemed from our old nature of missing God’s goal for our lives. Now that is some good news?
- Kindness is demonstrated in the good news of Jesus. Consider this about Jesus. Now this is some VERY good news. I will give it a shout out for sure.
- “But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.” Titus 3:4–5 (NASB)
- Romans 11:22 — Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
- Ephesians 2:7 — So that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in the Messiah Jesus.
- Titus 3:4–5 — But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.
- Romans 2:4 — Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to radically change your thinking (aka repentance)?
- Jesus is patient with me for a reason.
- Jesus wants me to change how I think about things and how I act as a result of that change.
- I can’t think lightly about His kindness.