Why this is important: Experience the joy of our Master [the Lord] today. There is nothing like it. The joy of our Master Jesus is a great source of energy for us. Today is the day. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow never comes. God’s joy is ours today.
How wonderful is God’s love? Stunning in every way. Amazing at every turn in the road. God is in a great mood. He sent His son Jesus to prove it.
Yes, experience the joy of Jesus today!
What a treasure we have in the joy that Jesus brings into our lives. God has a country. Jesus is King of God’s country. Joy reigns supreme in His country. It is a hallmark of the stunning beauty of Jesus that we worship.
- Have I sold everything to get the joy of Jesus in my life?
- Do I rejoice that I am a citizen of God’s country and have a place in Heaven?
I need to do a happy dance when the lost are found and the sinner changes his mind about Jesus (aka repent). I need to be really glad. This should thrill me like no other activity.
Do I rejoice always? I need to carefully consider that. If not, what is wrong?
- Galatians 5:22 —But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- Matthew 13:44 — “The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”
- Luke 10:17–21 —The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Master, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. “Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.” At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, O Father, Master of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.
- Luke 15:4–10 — “What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? “When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ “I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. “Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? “When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!’ In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
- John 4:34–36 —Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work. “Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift wo up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest. “Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
- John 16:20–24 — “Truly, truly, I say to you, that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will grieve, but your grief will be turned into joy. Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world. Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you. 23 “In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full”.
- John 17:13 — “But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves.
- Romans 12:12 —Rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,
- Romans 14:17–18 —For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who in this way serves the Messiah is acceptable to God and approved by men.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18 —Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in the Messiah Jesus.