Anytime of year is a good time to assess where I am and where I am going. I don’t have to wait for a new year. There is nothing magic about a “New Year” and resolutions.
So what can we do?
- Think bold. Just because I have not achieved everything I wanted so far this year is no reason to give up. We serve a BIG God. Nothing is impossible with Him. We need bold faith. We need more courage. God is generous.
- Aim big and aim for God. It is not a time to lower expectations. God has amazing things in mind for us. It is not about our goals. It is all about God’s goals. Aim BIG. God is God and God is Great.
- Does God live by a calendar? Is this a new year for God? Of course God doesn’t. God hasn’t changed His mind. God still wants us to love Him and everyone else we now or meet. God’s goals for us don’t change.
Think bold and aim big. Be blessed. God is with us. Every day is a new day. Yesterday is in the past. Tomorrow will take care of itself. Today is the day the our God has made for us.
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus. But seeing the man who was healed standing beside them, they had nothing to say in opposition.
Acts 4:13-14 (ESV)
We can bold and confident. We have the power of the Holy Spirit in us. We don’t have a spirit of fear. We know what God wants us to do. We need God-confidence and not self-confidence.
- Philemon 8–9 (ESV) — 8 Accordingly, though I am bold enough in the Messiah [Christ] to command you to do what is required, 9 yet for love’s sake I prefer to appeal to you—I, Paul, an old man and now a prisoner also for the Messiah [Christ] Jesus—
- Romans 15:15 (ESV) — 15 But on some points, I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God
- 2 Corinthians 10:1–2 (ESV) — 1 I, Paul, myself entreat you, by the meekness and gentleness of the Messiah [Christ] —I who am humble when face to face with you, but bold toward you when I am away!— 2 I beg of you that when I am present I may not have to show boldness with such confidence as I count on showing against some who suspect us of walking according to the flesh.