It is none of my business. That is the stunning message from Jesus that He wants me to know. I am not to worry about a lot of things I am worried about.
God’s goal: God has something in mind for us today. Our focus is to do it. The first order of business is to love God with every fiber of our being. The second is to love everyone.
What is my business? My focus has to be on what God wants me to do. Am I loving God with every fiber of my being? Am I loving everyone I know and meet? My life with God is what I need to get focused on. Doing what God wants is my business.
A bystander said, “Master, will only a few be saved?” Jesus said, “Whether few or many is none of your business. Put your mind on your life with God. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires your total attention. A lot of you are going to assume that you’ll sit down to God’s salvation banquet just because you’ve been hanging around the neighborhood all your lives. Well, one day you’re going to be banging on the door, wanting to get in, but you’ll find the door locked and the Master saying, ‘Sorry, you’re not on my guest list.’
Will it take a lot? Yes! Jesus tells us it is vigorous. It is challenging. I have to give up everything for Jesus. Not just a little but every big and little thing.
Isn’t going to church every week and being a good person enough? Nope! Jesus is clear with me. Many who think they are going to get into God’s Kingdom, will not.
What is the main goal? Jesus is clear. Jesus had one focus and one focus only. Jesus expects the same thing from me. Do I know the will of God? Am I doing it and being obedient?
- John 6:38 (NASB) — “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”
- Matthew 26:39 (NASB) — And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”
- John 4:34 (NASB) — Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.”
- John 5:30 (NASB) — “I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.”
- Hebrews 10:7 (NASB) — “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God.’ ”
- Hebrews 10:9 (NASB) — Then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second.