Leveling a road takes a while. It is not something that happens overnight. Because I am in right standing with our Father, he levels the road for me. My part of the equation is to live right. I am in right standing with God by the sacrifice that Jesus made for me. God makes his goal clear. God gives me the power to do what he wants.
I must be content when I see the sign with God’s decision to stop, to not be in a hurry. God is in front of me leveling the way. When God decides it is clear, I can go. God will clear out all the obstacles. There will be nothing to get in my way.
- May I be content to linger in the path with the signs of your decision.
- May I yearn for you like nothing else.
- May I earnestly seek God at every turn.
My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.
English Standard Version. (2016). (Is 26:9). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
What is righteousness?
The doctrine that God always acts in accordance with what is right and that he is himself the final standard of what is right.
Grudem, W. (2020). Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine (Second Edition, p. 1523).
In a confession of trust, the prophet affirmed that it is good for people to live righteously, because God smooths out their path. That does not mean righteous people never have any problems.
- Isaiah was reflecting the truth that certain consequences follow one’s actions so that if a person lives according to God’s rules, he will have favorable consequences, but if he disregards God’s Word he will experience dire consequences.
- The remnant walks according to Scripture and yearn for God.
- Those who refuse to heed God’s ways learn of God’s righteousness when they are eventually judged.
Am I learning from the Word of God?
Am I learning how to be in right standing with God?
Those are the main questions I must address in my life.