I am an open book to our heavenly Father. He knows everything I am going to say before I even say it; before I even begin the first sentence. He knows what I am going to think before I even think it.
- I cannot go anywhere to avoid His HOLY Spirit. God is God.
- God knows everything. There is nothing hidden to God. Even the darkness is light to God.
- This is too good. God is always with me.
- That is so wonderful. God is always close and present.
- God is a good and loving Father.
Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you.
English Standard Version. (2016). (Psalm 139:7–12). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
This ought to bring deep comfort to the disciples who struggle with loneliness and deep sorrow. In a very real way, God is always near us, “closer than our thoughts,” writes Tozer. “The knowledge that we are never alone calms the troubled sea of our lives and speaks peace to our soul.”
God’s presence is continuous throughout all of creation, though it may not be revealed in the same way at the same time to people everywhere.
- At times, He may be actively present in a situation, while He may not reveal that He is present in another circumstance in some other area.
- The Bible reveals that God can be both present to a person in a manifest manner and present in every situation in all of creation at any given time.
Omnipresence is God’s characteristic of being present to all ranges of both time and space. Although God is present in all time and space, God is not locally limited to any time or space.
- God is everywhere and in every now.
- No molecule or atomic particle is so small that God is not fully present to it, and no galaxy so vast that God does not circumscribe it.
- But if we were to remove creation, God would still know of it, for He knows all possibilities, whether they are actual or not.
Frank Hubeny said:
Good point to remember: “God is always near us, “closer than our thoughts,” writes Tozer”
LikeLiked by 2 people
So true we can’t hide from God; this is a comfort!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: Thought for 2022 March 18 – Some View on the World